We have a new job opening at Friends of San Lucas. If you’d like to join our team and make a difference, we’d love to hear from you. You’ll find the details about the job below.
Title: Coffee Sales Manager
Who We Are:
The Friends of San Lucas (US) and San Lucas Mission (Guatemala) are partner organizations working together to empower and serve the community of San Lucas Tolimán, Guatemala. San Lucas Tolimán is located on Lake Atitlán (map), about 3 hours by car from the capital of Guatemala City. The Friends of San Lucas (FOSL) is a nonprofit organization based in Minnesota, formed to support the work of the San Lucas Mission (SLM) through empowerment and fundraising. The work of the SLM addresses both the immediate effects of poverty and their root causes. SLM promotes the dignity, self-respect, and development of the people through a variety of projects including: housing construction, coffee production, education, stove construction, clinical care, and health promotion.
The Coffee Sales Manager will oversee and execute the sales activities for Juan Ana coffee in the United States under the supervision of the Director of Coffee. Primary responsibility is to increase sales and develop relationships with our current buyers as well as develop new customers. Additional responsibilities include finding new avenues to market and sell our coffee. The sales manager will work with a volunteer task force of Coffee Ambassadors to sell coffee across the US.
Reports to: Director of Coffee
Responsibilities and Duties:
– Create and deepen relationships with current buyers and potential new customers – 50% of time.
– Develop new markets and marketing strategies – develop and execute a marketing plan – 15% of time.
– Network with Volunteer Coffee Ambassadors to sell more Juan Ana coffee – 5% of time.
– Work with Coffee Ambassador Volunteer Team, support their activities and encourage best practices.
– Create and distribute marketing materials with subcommittee.
– Build volunteer network to increase coffee sales among churches and other organizations
– Work with Director of Coffee on new and pending projects and promotions – 5%
– Build energy around Juan Ana and new products
– Work closely with The Director of Distribution (Volunteer, based in New Ulm) and the Director of Coffee (Staff) to increase Juan Ana Coffee sales and marketing activities – 5% of time
– Work with Director of Distribution and his crew to understand the ordering and distribution process.
– Help with distribution and shipping as needed.
– Represent Juan Ana coffee and the SLM at public events
– Learn and be able to articulate the history of the SLM.
– Openly invest time in onboarding and continued development – learn about the coffee program, how it is distributed, and understand how coffee is part the SLM programs.
– Work as part of our staff team – helping with FOSL events and as needed on non-coffee projects, etc.
– Passion for service work and international development
– Demonstrated ability to build relationships with a wide variety of people
– Accountable, trustworthy and honest, integrity in reporting, self-directed, and motivated
– Willingness to learn and tap into other’s enthusiasm
– Strong communication skills both writing and speaking
– Ability to travel throughout the US as needed
– Ability to travel Guatemala as needed
– Ability to lift up to 45 pounds
– Conversational Spanish
– Basic computer literacy, excel, word, etc.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com or forward any questions you many have.